Friday, March 28, 2014


Tara’s Hydrangeas

I remember hydrangeas from my childhood and I love them. Today we see them all over our local flower markets and in many of our brave neighbor’s yards. There are large ones that blossom into large bushes and smaller ones used for borders. Their colors are enchanting; pure white, ivory and blue are prominent although we are seeing more deep colors as well.

My lovely white and blue hydrangeas were a gift from my dear daughter in law, Tara. She went to an event last night and was given one of the centerpieces to take home. Knowing how much I love flowers, she saved them for me! I feel both honored and blessed. Her affectionate gift went straight to my dining room table where they sit guarded by my two wicker hurricane candle holders. What a lovely combination!


Thank you Tara for thinking of me! It is so like you to keep others in mind rather than yourself. You are so generous and I love you with all of my heart!

2 comments:

  1. How sweet! I love hydrangeas and have two bushes. Unfortunately I think I trimmed them too much because I did not get one flower this summer!! :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always wanted a hydrangea bush in my garden and two years ago I planted one outside our Oregon cottage. Unfortunately, we promptly moved to Texas and I'll never know if it thrived there. (sigh) Thanks for stopping by my blog today and leaving the nice comment. I left you a comment there, but then saw you have a blog so I stopped by here, too. You have a beautiful family, by the way. Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete