Sunday, March 23, 2014


My Own Chef

My home is a modest two bedroom down, one bedroom up with a loft. It has a 1980’s living room/dining room combo with an eat in kitchen. It’s nothing fancy but comfortable for the two of us! It sits on a corner lot and its large yard houses a big pool. I am very fortunate in many respects in that my children all live close by in Dallas and I see five of my seven grandchildren quite often. These fortunes are all undoubtedly gifts which I cherish each and every day. But there is one thing that makes all of this just a little bit of heaven. You see, I have my very own personal chef!

I am blessed to have a dear husband, Guy, who prepares all of our meals. They are not usually ordinary meals, oh no! The food he sets before me has been given great thought and was prepared with sugar and spice, everything nice and two very dear, loving hands!

The meal above was served just this morning! Homemade crepes deliciously topped with his classic chunky apple syrup and a side of Canadian bacon! You just have to imagine how wonderful they were. There was a sprinkling of cinnamon sugar inside the folded crepe and with a cup of coffee on the side it made a perfect Sunday morning meal!

I know how lucky I am and my thank yous shoot out rapidly with every meal. He is a true chef and master of cuisine and I am more grateful than anyone will ever know.

Thank you Guy….I love you dearly! 

No comments:

Post a Comment