Monday, March 24, 2014



Colors of my Closet

One of my most amazing, young friends, Kelley, came to help me organize my closet last Saturday. It was not only too full but I had a suitcase and a wardrobe box full of clothes and shoes sitting in the garage and everything needed a home. I was utterly overwhelmed! Matter of fact, I was paralyzed! I have not been feeling well lately which has prevented my tackling this job on my own, so her help and support were invaluable.

Kelley arrived looking adorable. She was a vision of loveliness as she whisked in the front door ready to work. Because she was aware of my poor well-being, she insisted I sit while she lifted each piece for either my approval or disapproval. One by one she lifted the articles of clothing to be kept or discarded.  If several seconds went by with an empty response from me she usually encouraged me with a “no” and we moved on to the next item. We took several water breaks and sat outside to enjoy a chilly spring day while solving several world problems and by the time two hours had passed we had four large plastic bags ready for the Goodwill!

Now that there was a closet full of good quality clothing, Kelley made certain I was comfortable and she organized everything into colors! It took her only an hour to coordinate everything. Oh to be young again!

I can’t tell you how beautiful my closet looks not to mention how grateful I am. Not many people would spend their Saturday assisting a friend like Kelley did. She is to be commended! Thank you my dear friend for your spirited helpfulness and for all of your love and attention! 

No comments:

Post a Comment